LA xLimit II
LA xLimit II is an advanced look ahead, wideband linked-stereo limiter including ISP (inter sample peak) detection and oversampling.
LA xLimit II is the successor of LA xLimit, our very popular look ahead limiter. It offers more control over transients and adaptive release curves. It also adds a second limiter stage for better performance in ISP detection mode.
The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.
LA xLimit II is specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with top notch quality and lowest aliasing. LA xLimit II guarantees ultra fast and overshot free response by using advanced look ahead algorithms.
In order to fulfill today's TV, broadcast and music production requirements LA xLimit II offers True-Peak limiting (ISP) based on ITU-1770 specification and on top of it up to 8x "real" oversampling. Combined with True-Peak limiting reaches even highest production standards.
LA xLimit II includes an advanced adaptive release control system which reduces massively artifacts caused by fixed release times. In order to increase limiting sensitivity both stereo channels can be freely linked/unlinked.
LA xLimit II is designed to be used as last plugin in the processing chain (brick-wall limiting).
- state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
- [new] freely adjustable limiter character
- [new] detailed transient control
- [new] freely adjustable adaptive release curves
- level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU 1770
- "real" oversampling, up to 8x
- stereo link
- [new] 2 stage design for better performance in ISP mode
- built-in clipper
- easy to use GUI
- large and accurate live meters
- all sample rates
- free for registered LA xLimit users
- demo version available
Note: This plugin adds latency to the audio path, which is usually compensated by DAW (PDC).
Demo version versus Registered version
The demo version stops functionality after 90 secs, which can be rearmed by mouse click on the LA xLimit II logo.
Please download LA xLimit II here.
- Windows XP SP3 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8, FL Studio 12.x, Studio One
Please order LA xLimit II registration key here.
(Note: Key file can be used with LA xLimit and LA xLimit II)
- DSP code optimizations
- Small code optimizations
- Crackles reduced during parameter change
- GUI Refresh
- TP measurement: CPU usage reduced
- Plugin delay reduced for 2xOS
- Optimized TP detection for OS>1
- TP Measurement according BS.1770-4
- PDC optimizations for small ASIO buffers
- Latency optimizations
- Reduced crackling during character change
- ISP crash fixed
- latency reduced for non-OS modes
- meter ballistics changed
- Initial release