LA xLimit III
LA xLimit III is an advanced look ahead, wideband linked-stereo limiter including ISP (inter sample peak) detection and oversampling.
LA xLimit III is the successor of LA xLimit II, our very popular look ahead limiter. It offers more control over transients and adaptive release curves. It adds now extended metering (RMS, EBU and DialNorm).
The goal of the design was to cover a broad range of limiting applications in today's mixing and mastering situations with strong focus on low aliasing.
LA xLimit III is specifically designed for mastering, digital editing, multimedia, and any application that requires limiting of the digital signal with top notch quality and lowest aliasing. LA xLimit III guarantees ultra fast and overshot free response by using advanced look ahead algorithms.
In order to fulfill today's TV, broadcast and music production requirements LA xLimit III offers True-Peak limiting (ISP) based on ITU-1770 specification and on top of it up to 8x "real" oversampling. Combined with True-Peak limiting reaches even highest production standards.
LA xLimit III includes an advanced adaptive release control system which reduces massively artifacts caused by fixed release times. In order to increase limiting sensitivity both stereo channels can be freely linked/unlinked.
LA xLimit III is designed to be used as last plugin in the processing chain (brick-wall limiting).
- state of the art low aliasing look ahead limiter design
- freely adjustable limiter character
- detailed transient control
- freely adjustable adaptive release curves
- level detection modes: peak and ISP based on ITU BS1770.4
- NEW: RMS, EBU R128 and DialNorm loudness measurement
- "real" oversampling, up to 8x
- stereo link
- built-in clipper
- NEW: drive mode
- NEW: unity gain and delta monitor modes
- preset management
- Mid/Side processing mode
- easy to use GUI
- large and accurate live meters
- all sample rates
- free for registered LA xLimit users
- demo version available
Note: This plugin adds latency to the audio path, which is usually compensated by DAW (PDC).
Demo version versus Registered version
In demo mode (without registering) the plugin mutes audio every 90 seconds for a short period. This could be circumvented by clicking on the "TBProAudio" logo within 90 seconds.
Please download LA xLimit III here.
- Windows XP SP3 or newer
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
- Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS, 32/64 Bit AAX
- Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6/7/8/9/10, FL Studio 12.x/20.x, PT10/12/2018, Reason 9.5/10, Studio One, Ableton Live
Please order LA xLimit III activation key here.
- FIX: VST3 parameter restore fixed
- NEW: RMS/EBU/DialNorm measurement
- NEW: Input drive mode
- NEW: Delta monitoring mode
- NEW: XML parameter management
- NEW: extended plugin info
- NEW: tooltips
- NEW: sync measurement with DAW start/stop
- FIX: small GUI fixes
- FIX: DSP optimizations
- FIX: Ableton Live/Studio One/FL Studio PDC fix
- Presets: preset manager updated
- Presets: new preset manager, xml based
- AAX/RTAS: Fixed crash due to incorrect PDC initialization
- AAX: fix rounding int values
- Bypass: fixed latency compensation when plugin is bypassed in some hosts (e.g. Cubase, Studio One, Logic ...)
- GUI: mouse control logic adjusted, please refer to the manual
- PDC: communication with DAW optimized
- NEW: Preset management
- NEW: Monitor mode, listen at unity gain
- NEW: Mid/Side channel mode
- NEW: Clip Mode
- CHANGED: Activation process
- AutoRelease improved
- Improved TP handling in OS modes
- Optimized TP detection
- Meter update speed increased
- Anti-aliasing of clipper improved
- PDC optimized
- FIX: VST3, PDC fix
- FIX: OS, fix for larger block size
- Code optimizations
- AAX: parameter change fix
- TP-Detection improved
- DSP code optimizations
- Small code optimizations
- Crackles reduced during parameter change
- GUI Refresh
- TP measurement: CPU usage reduced
- Plugin delay reduced for 2xOS
- Optimized TP detection for OS>1
- TP Measurement according BS.1770-4
- PDC optimizations for small ASIO buffers
- Latency optimizations
- Reduced crackling during character change
- ISP crash fixed
- latency reduced for non-OS modes
- meter ballistics changed
- Initial release